Thursday, June 25, 2009

Schools out!

Summer is here! Now starts the process of adjusting to having all the kids home everyday! We are forced to be organized during school but we have to figure out a new plan in summer. The best part is no more alarms in the morning!!! This is the first summer that I have not worked since the kids were little. Hopefully it will make life go a little smoother..and a little more fun! Hopefully we will have more days to do fun things such as the beach and the park. It goes by fast so we need to enjoy every sunny day!

Onto the adoption...Our Family Coordinator called on Tuesday to introduce herself. She will be helping us to compile our Dossier. This is the massive pile of paperwork that has to be sent to Ethiopia. This paperwork is key! This is what is used in the courts and what is used to get our referral. Our referral will be pictures and info about the children they chose for us. Once we receive the referrals we have the option to accept or decline the referral. If we approve this is when we start the final stage of the adoption. After this stage it is only a matter of months before we can officially meet our children. Now this is a long way off..but the quicker we can get together our paperwork the better! It is considered our "Paper Pregnancy".

I have to say I am just as excited as I was when I found out I was pregnant with my 3 kids. Every phone call or email brings such joy. I know every piece of paper or phone call brings me that much closer to meeting my children. This process brings many different emotions but most of all joy and excitement. You normally spend nine months imagining what your child will look like or what their personality will be like, this will be longer but it is still the same. I may not be carrying them but I know God has already chosen our children and I can't wait to meet them. In my heart I am already a mother of five. We are so blessed to be able to go through this experience. Even with the ups and the downs the end will be well worth it! We know that some people do not share our views or agree with our choice to adopt. Many people can't imagine why we would want more kids when we already have three. The best way I can explain it is..The Lord has put this on our hearts. We have such a love for our children they are a blessing to us everyday. We can only imagine how these other two children will bless our family. My prayer is many hearts and minds will be opened through our experience. You can not hide the goodness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment